CASUAL and Permanent RoleS
Find out about our mission here - About Us
Listed below are paid roles that we currently have available.
- Ideal opportunity to begin a career as technology teacher or science presenter
- Be paid to play and share your passion for your geek interests
- Run geek parties, workshops and holiday programs
Type: Casual & Permanent
Level: Junior (min 15 years) & Senior positions available
Location: Fairfield, Victoria and event venues
Time commitment: Weekends and Holidays
Your new company
Social Builders is an innovative social enterprise that runs a range of geek activities under the brands INSIDE the BRICK, OPENWORLD and other. Our commercial activities support our social purpose and charity efforts.
Our activities include hosting parties and workshops that feature popular children’s activities (e.g. LEGO and MINECRAFT) at our studio and external venues. Our events also include large scale exhibitions, play festivals and school activities which a focus on popular children’s activities underpinned by our passion for inclusiveness and encouraging interest in science, technology engineering, art and maths.
Senior staff will work at our studio, local venues and be occasionally offered opportunities to work at our events held in other towns and interstate.
Junior staff will work at our studio and local venues.
Your new role
Your role will initially be to help us run activities such as parties, play groups, workshops and holiday programs locally. These activities feature MINECRAFT, Building LEGO, 3D Design and Printing, Programming Robots, making You-Tubes, tinkering, coding and more.
You will regularly run parties and workshops for approximately a dozen primary school aged children. Occasionally you may run, present or demonstrate activities at our larger events and exhibitions or record You-Tubes for social media.
Working with experienced staff your will firstly learn how to run our existing activities and then when your're confident you will progress to running activities yourself and maybe develop other ideas.
When running activities, you will ensure the highest possible standards of customer service, presentation, and safe operation. You will be able to deliver fun, friendly and efficient service.
You will help with some of our play activities which are designed to provide social opportunities for children with disabilities (especially high functioning Autism).
You will be interacting extensively with children, parents and the public and be their key point of contact and brand ambassador for our customers.our
You will be able to regularly lift containers and equipment (up to 10 Kg), climb ladders (up to 2m), reach, bend, and stoop .
What you'll need to succeed
You are looking for experience that will support your passion for sharing knowledge and helping children develop and learn about their world.
Ideally you have grown up loving geek activities and are looking for a career to apply your interests. Most likely you are thinking about working in science, technology, teaching or as a children’s presenter. You may be at Uni studying teaching, science, game design, media or children’s services.
You will have exceptional presentation and grooming and have a positive and energetic disposition.
To be awesome at this role your will have the following attributes;
- have a social conscience and want to make a difference
- have a friendly, high energy and outgoing personality
- can manage and control groups of younger children
- able to confidently speak in front of large groups
- like sharing your knowledge
- like making things either physical or on computers
- do not fear new technology and embrace and have curiosity for new technology
- if you are over 18 your will need to pass a working with children check
For extra bonus points you may
- play MINECRAFT or other computer games
- have worked with kids with disabilities
- build LEGO, Design 3D models or make You-Tubes
- have mentored kids (and adults)
- have your own transport & license
What you need to do now
To apply for this position please submit your application to us
Application Close on 27th March 2016